This two-year course is equivalent to 3 A Levels and will give you an in-depth knowledge of the aviation industry, which is one of the most important contributors to the UK economy. You will investigate a wide range of topics designed to add to your developing knowledge of the aviation industry. Given our close proximity to one of the world’s leading aviation hubs at Heathrow, these are of direct relevance to future employment in the area, either within operations at Heathrow or the many supporting industries located close by.
- Key course features
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aviation Operations
06 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- School leavers who want a career working in an airport or for an airline.
- About the course
The course will encourage you to develop the practical skills and essential know-how required for today’s rapidly expanding world of airline operations. You will have the opportunity to develop both general and specialist management skills. This course consists of a core of subjects to provide you with a general understanding of the aviation industry, and a large number of specialist subject areas focused on developing your understanding of aviation operations. You will complete projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
You will study units such as:
- The UK aviation industry
- Customer service in the aviation industry
- Marketing in the aviation industry
- Airport and airline commercial operations
- Airline and airport economics
- Security in the aviation industry
- Ramp handling
- Airfares and ticketing
- The environmental impacts of aviation
- Preparing for work in the aviation industry
- Health and safety in the aviation Industry.
- Additional opportunities
- You may go on trips and visits, take part in British Airways workshops and have work experience opportunities.
- How will I be assessed?
- All units are assessed by means of coursework. An overall grade for the qualification is awarded which has UCAS equivalence and is recognised by universities in the UK when establishing their entry requirements for higher education.
- Where next?
- Employment in the aviation industry or continue your studies with an HND or degree programme.
- Entry requirements
- At least 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C / grades 9-5 including English language, or a merit or distinction in a relevant subject at Level 2 with functional skills in English and maths. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
This course is free for students under 19 years, however you may pay for a textbook and local visits. Assistance may be available to help with these costs.
If you are over 19 you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.