This is a theory based course for school leavers who are looking for an introduction into key areas of the travel and tourism industry. You will learn about the UK's travel and tourism destinations, explore customer service within the industry, and plan simple journeys using different modes of transport across the UK. You will also study three specialist units such as European holiday destinations, planning visits for travel and tourism, and developing business skills for the industry. The course is equivalent to 4 GCSEs at A*-C and provides a good basis for further qualifications.
- Key course features
BTEC Level 2 Diploma
06 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- School leavers interested in a career in travel and tourism.
- About the course
The course will encourage you to develop the skills and essential know-how required for today’s rapidly expanding world of travel and tourism. You will have the opportunity to develop both general and specialist skills. You will complete projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
You will study a range of subjects which could include:
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- Exploring customer service in travel and tourism
- Planning simple trips in the UK using different modes of transport
- European holiday destinations
- Developing business skills for travel and tourism.
- Additional opportunities
- You may go on trips and industry visits and do work-based activities.
- How will I be assessed?
- Most units are assessed via assignments which are individually graded (2 units are assessed by paper based exams). An overall grade for the qualification is awarded.
- Where next?
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aviation Operations or Travel and Tourism if you achieve a merit or distinction, or find work in a relevant sector.
- Entry requirements
- At least 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above, or successful completion of a Foundation Level course including functional skills in English and maths. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
This course is free for students under 19 years.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.