This two-year course is equivalent to 3 A Levels and will enable you to enter a degree programme at university or employment in the sports and leisure industry. It covers anatomy, physiology, psychology, sports nutrition, sports coaching, fitness testing and individual exercise. There will be visits to sporting venues and centres of sporting excellence.
- Key course features
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport
06 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- School leavers who want to go on to higher education and/or a career in sport science, physiotherapy, sports therapy, coaching or professional sports.
- About the course
The course combines practical and academic study. You will complete 18 sports related vocational units over the two years which will include:
- Fitness testing
- Sports development
- Sports coaching
- Fitness programming
- Talent identification and analysis
- Practical individual sports.
There will be an additional 9 specialist units and you will study functional skills in English and maths.
This course consists of the 90-credit Diploma in Year 1 followed by the Extended Diploma in Year 2.
- Additional opportunities
- There will be visits to sporting venues and centres of sporting excellence.
- How will I be assessed?
- All units are assessed via assignments. An overall grade for the qualification is awarded which has UCAS equivalency and is recognised by universities in the UK when establishing their entry requirements for higher education.
- Where next?
- A degree programme at university in a sports-related subject or employment in the sports and leisure industry.
- Entry requirements
- At least 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C / grades 9-5, or a merit or distinction at Level 2 with functional skills in English and maths. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
This course is free for students under 19 years, however you will pay £85 for a sports kit, textbook and local visits. There will be additional costs for a residential trip in the second year. Assistance may be available to help with these costs.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.