This part-time course covers all aspects of European ladies’ hairdressing. Learn how to shampoo and condition the hair and scalp, style hair using drying and setting techniques, cut, perm, neutralise and change hair colour using basic techniques. You will also have a work placement and can participate in free L’Oreal training days, the Salon Trade Fair and competitions. The course is held on Tuesdays and Wednesday from 6-9.30pm.
- Key course features
City & Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma
19 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- People working in a hairdressing salon who wish to gain a qualification. We advise those new to hairdressing to take our Level 1 Hairdressing evening courses before starting this Level 2 course.
- About the course
You will cover all aspects of European ladies’ hairdressing, learning practical skills enhanced by theoretical knowledge. The structured and flexible programme enables you to progress and achieve a recognised qualification. The teaching classes include practical workshops and theory, portfolio assignments, and tutorial for assessment feedback on your programme.
Students are required to complete units such as:
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Style hair using drying and setting techniques
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Change hair colour using basic techniques
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain effective teamwork and relationships
- Support health, safety and security of the environment.
- Additional opportunities
- You may have opportunities to participate in L'Oreal training days and gain certificates in colouring, visit the Salon Trade Fair, and take part in intercollege competitions.
- How will I be assessed?
Each unit is delivered individually, so you will be assessed when you feel competent. There are four areas of assessment:
- Practical: You complete the task
- Oral: You answer questions on your underpinning knowledge
- Written: A portfolio of evidence or a written test or assignment depending on the unit.
- Online tests.
You will collate the work carried out in a record of assessment book with a portfolio of evidence. You will be able to progress at your own pace.
- Where next?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Hairdressing (with more work experience) or specialist units at Level 2.
- Entry requirements
- You must be working in a hairdressing salon and have an employer to support you. Commitment to attendance is essential. Previous learning related to the course will be taken into account. You will have an initial assessment and must have Level 1 minimum diagnostic. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
New students will need to purchase a hairdressing kit and uniform (£255). Students progressing from Level 1 will need to purchase a hairdressing kit (£130) and may wish to purchase an optional new uniform (£39). Financial support may be available to help with these costs. Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.