This course is based in our new engineering workshops at the West Thames College Skills + Logisitics Centre in Feltham, where you will learn about the engineering world, investigating an engineering project, computer-aided engineering, interpreting and using engineering information, mathematics for engineering, and electrical and mechanical science for engineering. You will work on design projects with local industry and go on visits to see engineering at work. The course is equivalent to 4 GCSES at A*-C and provides a good basis to go on to further qualifications.
- Key course features
BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering
04 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- Students who want a career in engineering or manufacturing.
- About the course
You will study the following units:
- The Engineering World
- Investigating an Engineering Product
- Computer-aided Engineering
- Interpreting and Using Engineering Information
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Additional opportunities
- Industrial visits will give you a chance to see the types of work engineers do, so that you can think about what type of engineering career you might be interested in.
- How will I be assessed?
- Assessment will be based on your portfolio and online tests.
- Where next?
- You can progress to the Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Engineering, or start work or an apprenticeship.
- Entry requirements
- At least 2 GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above including maths at grade C or above or a merit or distinction in a relevant subject at Level 1 with functional skills in English and maths. You will have an interview. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is free for students under 19 years.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.