This course is held at the Skills + Logistics Centre in Feltham and covers all aspects of carpentry and joinery alongside technical underpinning knowledge. Ideal for adults who are already working, or wishing to work, as a carpenter.
- Key course features
Cskills Level 2 Award in Site Carpentry
04 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- For adults who would like to develop their skills and gain a qualification as a carpenter or joiner and would prefer a part-time evening course.
- About the course
- You will study all aspects of site carpentry, including:
- Timber framing
- Door hanging
- All first and second fittings.
The units are combined with technical underpinning knowledge related to the needs of the industry. You will also take a mandatory online health and safety test.
- How will I be assessed?
- The course is assessed through a combination of practical projects, written assignments and written tests. You will also have to complete a phase test and two multi-choice papers and provide work-based evidence.
- Where next?
- Progress to Level 3 Site Carpentry, an Advanced Apprenticeship, or find employment as a carpenter/joiner.
- Entry requirements
- Ideally, you will already have a relevant Level 1 qualification in Carpentry or relevant work experience in this field. You should also have GCSEs in Maths and English at grade D / grade 3 or above. There will be an assessment to make sure the course is right for you.
If you are over 19 you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan for the Level 3 Award. Please visit our Advanced Learner Loans page for more details or call 020 8326 2015.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.