Logistics is very important to the UK and is worth over £93bn to the economy. In the Hounslow area, the transport and logistics sector provides around 12,000 jobs and 600 businesses – including key local employers such as DHL, Menzies Aviation, Maze 1 Limited and Swissport Cargo.
Employment in this sector is expected to grow in the future. Potential job opportunities exist in air, rail and road transport, aviation operations, green logistics, purchasing and procurement, removals, international trade, road safety, warehousing and engineering, and much more.
This 7 week course is a perfect introduction to logistics for students aged 16-24.
- Key course features
Traineeship in Logistics
04 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- This course is for young people aged 16-24 years old, with a strong commitment towards gaining the skills and qualifications needed to help progress in a career in logistics.
- About the course
- You will learn:
You will complete a 5 week unpaid work placement with an employer(s).
You will also acquire work skills including teamwork and effective participation and complete mathematics and English Functional Skills.
- To assemble orders for dispatch in logistics operations
- To develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations
- Employee rights and responsibilities in the logistics industry
- Health, safety and security at work
- Entry requirements
- Key qualities for those wishing to work in transport and logistics include:
- Good planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent at meeting deadlines
- Customer service skills
- Organisational skills
This course is free for students under 19 years. For students aged 19+, the course may be free if you:
- Are in receipt of an active benefit (eg JSA or ESA)
- Are unemployed and in receipt of a means-tested benefit, and you are doing this course to improve your employment prospects
- Don't already have a Level 2 qualification, and intend to progress to a Level 2 course after this course
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.