BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Business is an Applied General qualification. It is for post-16 learners who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to the second year Extended Diploma in Business, higher education and ultimately employment in the business sector. The qualification is equivalent to one and a half A Levels, and it has been designed as a one year, full-time study programme. Learners progressing onto the second year Extended Diploma will attain a qualification equivalent to three A Levels.
- Key course features
BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Business
04 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- The course is for post-16 learners who want to continue their education and aiming to progress to the second year Extended Diploma in Business, higher education and ultimately to employment in the business sector.
- About the course
The qualification provides the knowledge, understanding and employable skills that allow learners to gain business sector experience that will prepare them for further study or training. The learning programme covers the following content areas or units:
Learners must complete and achieve a pass grade or above for all these units to be eligible for progression to the Extended Diploma in Business (Year 2).
- Unit 1: Exploring Business
- Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance
- Unit 4: Managing an Event
- Unit 8: Recruitment and Selection Process
- Unit 10: Recording Financial Transactions
- Additional opportunities
- You will have a 2 week work experience placement, go on study trips and visits to business and commercial centres, and take part in enterprise challenges.
- How will I be assessed?
- Unit 2 Exploring Business and Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance are externally assessed through examination and set tasks. The remaining four units are internally assessed through course work.
- Where next?
- Students could progress to the second year Extended Diploma in Business, higher education in business, marketing, accounting, finance or ultimately to employment in the business sector.
- Entry requirements
- 4 or more GCSEs at grades A*-C / grades 9-5 (including Maths and English Language), or BTEC Level 2 at merit or above with Functional Skills in English and Maths. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is free for students under 19 years.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.