Art and Design - Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma
This two-year course is equivalent to 3 A Levels and offers an exciting balance across a range of art and design disciplines. It is designed to enable you to go on to higher education or a specialist career in art and design, and includes visits to museums and galleries.
- Key course features
Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma
06 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- Students who want to go on to university or art school or train for employment in the art and design industries.
- About the course
The course will offer you experience in different Art & Design disciplines. You will study units, such as:
- Visual recording in art and design
- Materials, techniques and processes in art and design
- Ideas and concepts in art and design
- Communication through art and design
- Contextual influences in art and design
- Computers in art and design.
You will use the college's extensive range of specialised equipment and take part in practical workshops, lectures, debates, gallery visits and independent research. You will learn new skills and develop experience in a number of specialist techniques and approaches.
Your student learning adviser will guide and support you throughout your course and you will receive guidance for applications to university.
This course consists of the 90-credit Diploma in Year 1 followed by the Extended Diploma in Year 2.
- Additional opportunities
- You will exhibit your work each term around the College and during the end of year Creative Arts Festival and you will go on trips to museums and galleries. Previous trips have included a day out in Oxford, visits to London galleries, and a walking tour in the Surrey hills.
- How will I be assessed?
- The course is continuously assessed throughout the two years. In the final term of the course a final major project is assessed, examined and assessed externally. There is an end of course exhibition at the college in June.
- Where next?
- When you complete this course you may go on to a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, Higher National Diploma (HND) or a BA (Hons) degree, or into relevant employment.
- Entry requirements
- 4 or more GCSEs at grades A*-C / grades 9-5 or a merit or distinction at Level 2 with functional skills in English and maths. We will ask to see a portfolio of your work when you come for your interview. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is free for students under 19 years.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.
Level 3 Animation & Games Design
"All of the course has been good but I'm really enjoying my final major project. I've taken an image of myself and turned it into a dragon. The project includes everything I've learnt and it's a good feeling to see it finished."
Other Art & Design courses
Are you aged 24 or over?This course is eligible for a 24+ loan.
To find out more click here.