This one-year course prepares you for further study in art and design subjects and gives you the opportunity to explore different media. It is equivalent to 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C and provides a good basis to go on to further qualifications.
- Key course features
Level 2 Diploma
06 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- This course is primarily aimed at school leavers who are creative and interested in a career in art and design.
- About the course
You will study units such as:
- Contextual references in art and design
- 2D and 3D visual communication, including photography, printmaking and graphic design
- Using ideas to explore, develop and produce art and design
- Building an art and design portfolio
- Working in the art and design industry
- Working with 3D design crafts briefs
- Working with visual arts briefs.
You will use a wide variety of specialist equipment in photography, 3D design, printmaking and graphic design in our brand new design studios.
You will have individual tutorials with your tutor to monitor and support your progress. You will improve your English and maths and gain employability skills as part of your course.You will receive guidance in filling out applications and interview techniques for going on to further study.
- Additional opportunities
- The course includes museum and industrial visits. Recent visits have included the Victoria and Albert Museum and several exciting exhibitions in London.
- How will I be assessed?
You will participate in individual action planning to structure your own learning, and we actively encourage your involvement in the assessment process. Parents or guardians are involved in your learning through regular reports on your progress at parents' evenings and open days.
Assessment is through the quality of your portfolio, assignments completed during the year, and externally moderated exercises.
- Where next?
- If you achieve a merit or distinction, you may go on to the Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design, Photography or Animation. This course will not normally lead directly into professional employment in this field.
- Entry requirements
- 2 or more GCSEs at grade D / grade 3 or above or successful completion of a Level 1 course with functional skills in English and maths. We will ask to see a portfolio of your work when you come for your interview. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
This course is free for students under 19 years.
Please see our Fees and Concessions page or call 020 8326 2015 for further details.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.