The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the only professional body to offer Diplomas in accounting. AAT qualifications are based on nationally agreed standards of competence. Level 3 introduces more complex accounting tasks, like maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. This level is perfect if you have completed level 2 or if you are already at a more intermediate level and are looking to develop your accounting skills. This course prepares you for employment as a trainee accountant, accounts assistant or financial analyst. The course is held from 6-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 year.
- Key course features
AAT Level 3 Diploma for Accounting Technicians (QCF)
19 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- Adult students employed in accounting or finance who wish to gain a recognised qualification in accounting at the intermediate level.
- About the course
Through a combination of lectures, practical workshops and seminars, you will study:
- Accounts preparation
- Costs and revenues
- Professional ethics
- Indirect tax
- Prepare final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- How will I be assessed?
- You will be assessed by means of computer-based assessments and/or case studies. The computer-based assessments are set and moderated by the AAT.
- Where next?
- When you complete this course you can be employed as a trainee accountant, accounts assistant or financial analyst. You may also progress to the technician level course and achieve Level 4, which will qualify you to work in a supervisory or middle management capacity.
- Entry requirements
- There is an AAT initial assessment for this course. You should either have achieved the AAT Certificate (Level 2) or have relevant work experience. You will also need good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent). If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
If you are over 19 you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan. Please visit our Advanced Learner Loans page for more details or call 020 8326 2015.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.