The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the only professional body to offer Diplomas in accounting. AAT qualifications are based on nationally agreed standards of competence. Level 2 covers a range of basic accounting practices and techniques, from costing and double entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting. This level is perfect for those who are new to finance or if you are simply looking to brush up your foundation knowledge and skills. This course prepares you for employment as a trainee accountant or accounts assistant. The course is held from 6-8.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 year.
- Key course features
AAT Level 2 Certificate for Accounting Technicians (QCF)
19 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- Adult students, especially those employed in accounting or finance, who wish to gain a recognised qualification in accounting. Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) will enable you to gain credit for the skills and experience you already possess.
- About the course
Through a combination of lectures, practical workshops and seminars, you will study:
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Basic costing
- Control accounts, journals, and the banking systems
- Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Computerised accounting (Sage 50).
- How will I be assessed?
- You will be assessed by means of computer-based assessments and/or case studies. The computer-based assessments are set and moderated by the AAT.
- Where next?
- When you complete this course you can gain employment as a trainee accounting or accounts assistant, and/or progress to the AAT Level 3 Diploma for Accounting Technicians.
- Entry requirements
- You should have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent) or a bookkeeping qualification. You should preferably be employed in an accounts environment. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
Plus £240 exam fee. Fees may be subject to change. This is a full cost course and no concessions are available.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.