This part time evening course is held on Thursdays from 6-9pm. This qualification is designed to give you a thorough grounding in double-entry bookkeeping and basic accounting practices. Study it as a standalone qualification, or as a natural mid-point between the Introductory and Advanced Level Bookkeeping (or AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting) qualifications. It will allow you to move up to further study in bookkeeping, accountancy or computerised accounts.
- Key course features
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
20 April 2017
- Who is this course for?
Primarily adults who wish to gain intermediate bookkeeping / accountancy qualifications for a career in bookkeeping and accounts.
This course will suit you if:
- You have completed the introductory level and want to build on your skills
- You are already working in finance and you want an industry-recognised qualification
- You would like to work in bookkeeping with a large finance department or as an independent professional
- You run your own business and you would prefer to do your own bookkeeping.
- About the course
The Level 2 qualification consists of two units:
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Control accounts, journals and the banking system.
- How will I be assessed?
- You will sit formal computer-based exams on the last week of the course.
- Where next?
- When you successfully complete this course, you will be qualified for employment in a junior role in an accounts office. You would ideally progress to the Level 3 Bookkeeping (Advanced) course, or be considered for enrolment on AAT L3 Diploma, subject to meeting other entry requirements.
- Entry requirements
- You should have achieved AAT Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping (or equivalent Level 1 Bookkeeping qualification). If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
There is also an exam fee. Sorry, no concessions are available.
- How to apply?
- You do not need an interview for this course and do not need to complete the application form.
Provided you have the entry requirements for this course, you can either enrol in person at the college during our opening hours, or enrol by telephone with your credit/debit card on 020 8326 2020, Monday to Friday: 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm.
If you are not sure if this course is right for you and you need advice before you enrol, please call our advisers on 020 8326 2020 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org