This part-time course is for students aged 19 or over who do not have an A*-C in GCSE English and who wish to gain their GCSE qualification. This course is free (fully funded) for adults who have right to remain in the UK. The course encourages learners to demonstrate their ability in functional English, to investigate and analyse language, and to experiment and use language creatively. This is a day class (Tuesdays 1:20-4:40pm).
- Key course features
AQA GCSE in English Language
11 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- For adult learners aged 19 or over who do not have an A*-C in GCSE English and who wish to gain their GCSE qualification. You may be looking to gain your GCSE qualification to support your application to university or a higher level course for which GCSE English is an entry requirement. You may also want to gain this qualification to improve your employment prospects.
- About the course
- The syllabus is divided into three units:
- Unit 1: Understanding and Producing Non-Fiction Texts;
- Unit 2: Speaking & Listening;
- Unit 3: Understanding Spoken and Written Texts and Writing Creatively.
- How will I be assessed?
- Unit 1: Examination: You will do one exam paper which covers understanding and producing non-fiction texts.
- Unit 2: Speaking & Listening: You will be asked to do three tasks: Presenting, Discussing and Listening and Role Play.
- Unit 3a and 3b are Controlled Assessments (coursework) which makes up 40% of the total marks. All coursework is to be produced under formal supervision within an 8 hour period.
- Where next?
- Your GCSE qualification will improve your employment prospects and will help you apply to university and other higher level courses where GCSEs are an entry pre-requisite.
- Entry requirements
- As an adult, you do not necessarily need any qualifications to join this course. If you already have a grade D / grade 3 in GCSE English or Level 2 Functional Skills English you will be enrolled. If you don’t have these qualifications, you will sit an Initial Assessment (online and paper-based) to check if this is the right course for you.
This course is fully funded (£0 fees) for all adults with a right to remain in the UK.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.