This part-time course is for students aged 19 or over who do not have an A*-C in GCSE Maths and who wish to gain their GCSE qualification. This course is free (fully funded) for adults who have right to remain in the UK. The course encourages students to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in their own lives and to society. The course will prepare you to make informed decisions about the use of technology, the management of money, further learning opportunities and career choices. This is a day class (Tuesdays 1:20-4:40pm).
- Key course features
Edexcel GCSE in Maths
11 September 2017
- Who is this course for?
- For students aged 19 or over who do not have an A*-C in GCSE Maths and who wish to gain their GCSE qualification. Learners on this course will often be looking to gain their GCSE qualification to support their Access to University applications, improve their employment prospects (employers often require GCSEs) or gain access to other higher level courses where GCSEs are an entry pre-requisite.
- About the course
- Overview of content
- How will I be assessed?
- There will be an external assessment comprising t two written papers, each contributing 50% towards the final grade. The papers are tiered into either Foundation Tier (grades C-G available) or Higher Tier (grades A*-D available). Each paper lasts for 1h 45mins and is marked out of 100. On paper 1 you will not be allowed to use a calculator, but you can use a calculator for paper 2.
- Where next?
- Your GCSE qualification will improve your employment prospects and will help you apply to university and other higher level courses where GCSEs are an entry pre-requisite.
- Entry requirements
- If you already have GCSE grade D / grade 3 or Level 2 Functional Skills certificate in maths, you will be able to enrol on this course. However, we know that many learners will not have these qualifications, but this will not prevent you from joining our GCSE Adult courses. If you do not have the above qualification, you will sit an Initial Assessment (online and paper-based) to check if this is the right course for you.
This course is fully funded (£0 fees) for all adults with a right to remain in the UK.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.