This course is designed for adults who want to improve their maths skills, build their confidence and enhance employability skills. You will study 2 days per week (3 hours per day) for approximately 18 weeks, learning to represent, analyse and interpret problems using maths tools. We offer all levels from Entry Level (for absolute beginners) to Level 2 (GCSE equivalent).
- Key course features
City & Guilds Functional Skills qualification in maths
Entry Level to Level 2
06 March 2017
- Who is this course for?
- Adults who want to improve their maths skills in order to return to work, progress in the workplace, or continue their education.
- About the course
You will improve your skills in the following areas:
- Representing: choosing maths tools to solve a problem
- Analysing: using maths tools to solve a problem
- Interpreting: being able to describe the maths being used.
Our tutors are supportive, friendly and experienced and will work with you to help you reach your goals.
- How will I be assessed?
- Your development and progress in the course will be assessed on a regular basis both informally and formally. You will receive regular feedback from your tutors about your progress. As you go through the course you will know whether you are meeting the requirements or not, and you will be given opportunities to catch up and make good any problems. At the end of the course you will sit a final assessment in Functional Skills Maths.
- Where next?
- When you complete the course you can go on to a higher level course, such as Progression to Further Study and Employment.
- Entry requirements
- You will have an initial assessment to assess your suitability for the course and so that you can be placed in an appropriate group according to your needs. If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is free. Students do not have to pay any tuition, exam or college registration fees.
- How to apply?
- Please click the "apply now" button and fill out the online application form. An adviser will be in touch regarding interview dates.