Outline (1/2 day session)
We are all faced with problems. Some are relatively easy to solve, others are more complicated. Often we jump to conclusions about what is the right solution without knowing the full facts. We allow our feelings and prejudices to interfere with logic. This intensive workshop will give you a simple process to make sure you have the information you need, know how to use it, and can arrive at the right solution in a way that is logical, concise and easy to understand.
Who should attend
Anyone who would like to gain a structured approach to problem solving
How you will benefit
As a result of this course, participants should be better able to:
- Recognise the effects of problems and potential problems in the workplace
- Identify causes of problems as they arise
- Involve appropriate team members in generating solutions
- Evaluate alternative courses of action
- Select, plan and implement appropriate solutions
What the programme covers
- What are the typical problems we face?
- What effects do they have?
- What tools can we use to gather data...
- ...and interpret it!
- Using our brains to the full to come up with possible solutions
- Deciding on the right solution
- Putting the plan into action
- Now – have a go!
- What will you do next?