Return to full graphic version
The Ofsted Learning and Skills Inspection Report, published 16 April 2014, rated West Thames College as "Good" with some "Outstanding" areas.
- Outcomes for learners - Good (grade 2)
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment - Good (grade 2)
- Effectiveness of leadership and management - Outstanding (grade 1)
Some of their key findings were:
- Teaching, learning and assessment are good, and a significant minority of lessons are outstanding.
- Students’ success on their courses is often high. Students achieve good standards in their college work and develop valuable skills, including practical skills, which they can apply in further study and employment.
- Teachers successfully promote the improvement of students’ English and mathematics.
- The college’s arrangements to help students prepare for employment are excellent and reflected in the good progression of students into work.
Download the full report here: Learning and Skills Inspection Report 2014
See all Ofsted Reports for West Thames College